North Korea failed a missile launch on Wednesday


In this Sunday, Feb. 12, 2017, photo distributed on Monday, Feb. 13, 2017, by the North Korean government, "Pukguksong-2” is launched at an undisclosed location in North Korea.
In this Sunday, Feb. 12, 2017, photo distributed on Monday, Feb. 13, 2017, by the North Korean government, "Pukguksong-2” is launched at an undisclosed location in North Korea.
Korean Central News Agency/Korea News Service via AP
 A A 
UPDATE: A North Korean missile launch failed on Wednesday, seconds after it took off, Reuters reported. South Korea said it happened during an apparent test launch of a single missile.
North Korea may have launched several missiles on Wednesday morning, Kyodo News reported, citing a Japanese government source.
The launch, from the eastern area of Wonsan, may have failed, Kyodo said, adding that the type of missiles involved was unknown.
Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga said that the government hasn’t confirmed North Korea launched missiles towards Japan and that it was always gathering and analyzing information on the country.
South Korea’s defense ministry said it was trying to confirm the report of the missile launches.
Earlier this month, North Korea fired four ballistic missiles into the sea off Japan’s northwest coast, angering South Korea and Japan.
That launch came days after it promised retaliation over U.S.-South Korea military drills it sees as preparation for war.
Powered by Blogger.